We will maintain a technology rich environment in which students and staff have equitable access to current and emerging technologies. Technology will be embedded in purposeful ways to enhance learning for all members of the educational community and to foster critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Students today need to be users of multiple educational technologies. East Lyme Public Schools strive to provide a curriculum enriched with technology experiences. Furthermore, the East Lyme Public Schools, in partnership with the community, strive to attain the following goals and enable each student to learn the information and skills necessary to be productive members of a global society:
- Establish high standards and develop a preK-12 technology plan that is integrated across all content areas and incorporates 21st century skills and competencies
- Provide equitable access to technology tools for all students in the district
- Select curriculum resources and provide course offerings that prepare students with 21st century skills
- Provide ongoing professional development that promotes the integration of technology across the curriculum
- Ensure that teachers and educational leaders are highly qualified in the application of appropriate technology in all curricular areas
- Provide up-to-date equipment and programs supported with prompt, expert technical assistance
- Implement policies for safe and acceptable use of technology resources
- Inform families of ways in which technology can be used effectively and safely by their children
- Teach students how to use technology in order to communicate information and ideas, conduct research, organize data, solve problems and create original work
- Stay current with the capabilities of emerging technologies
- Require that students responsibly use technology by demonstrating appropriate network etiquette, taking necessary security measures, assessing the validity of online resources and following rules for copyright and citation
- Ensure that teachers incorporate technology into instruction across all curriculum areas in order to respond to complex problems and broaden content mastery
- Require students to use technology in order to communicate information and ideas, conduct research, organize data, solve problems and create original work
East Lyme Schools is committed to ensuring technology literacy for all students.