Janet Binkowski BSN, RN
Phone: 860-739-6946 Ext. 5525
Office Hours: 7:30-2:15
Deborah DeConto RN, BSN
Office Hours: 9:05-3:30
Jayne Dumais RN, BSN
Phone: 860-739-4503 Ext. 4503
Office Hours: 9:15-10:00
Jean McDermott RN, BSN
Office Hours: 8:30-4:00
Jean Murray RN, BSN
Office Hours: 8:30-4:00
Antoinette Pederson BSN, RN
Phone: 860-739-1555 Ext. 6505
Office Hours: 9:15-3:30
Illnesses and Injuries
No child should be sent to school if he/she has a severe cold, fever, sore throat, vomiting, rash, or any other symptom of a contagious disease (ex. conjunctivitis). Please notify the school nurse when you child develops a communicable disease (ex. chickenpox).
If your child requires an excuse from gym (especially in cases of fracture arm, leg, severe asthma, etc,) the physician can fax the medical note c/o school nurse.
Any medication, (including over-the-counter/prescription) requires a written physician, dentist, physician assistant, OR advanced practice nurse (APRN) AND written parent's permission. (Permission form is below)
Medication needs to be transported by an adult for safety reasons, and handed to the school nurse. The nurse will check the medication/ physician's order before it can be administered in school. The school nurse, in the presence of a witness must count all controlled drugs
Immunizations and Physicals
All students entering the school system are required to have the following immunizations:
- DTaP: At least 4 doses. The last dose must be given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio: At least 3 doses. The last dose must be given on or after the 4th birthday.
- MMR: 2 doses separated by at least 28 days, first dose on or after the 1st birthday.
- Hepatitis B: At least 3 doses, last dose given on or after 24 weeks of age.
- Varicella: 2 doses separated by at least 3 months, first dose on or after the 1st birthday, OR verification of the disease.
- Hib: 1 dose on or after 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old.
- Pneumococcal: 1 dose on or after 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old.
- Hepatitis A: 2 doses given 6 calendar months apart, first dose on or after the 1st birthday.
All new entering students must provide proof of a physical within one year of the date of entry.
news and updates
Click on the links below to download important documents, including the Authorization to Administer Medication in School, State of CT. Student Physical Form, and information about Husky Insurance. Please contact the School nurses if you have any questions regarding any of these forms.