CHOIR HOME PAGE
Mrs. Rigdon - Director
Welcome all Choir Members and your families to the fantastic ELMS Choir program!! Anyone who has the sincere desire to sing is welcome in choir.
Please print out the calendar linked below so you can be ready for events before they arrive. The dress rehearsal is designed to combine multiple class choirs into one large choir for the concert. We are placed on the risers for the first time and have an opportunity to practice music in the concert venue with our accompanist. All dress rehearsals and concerts are mandatory.
Two of our most important performances are designed to reach out to our community. We perform at Crescent Point Convalescent Home on Veteran's Day and on the Town Green at the Memorial Day Sunday evening candlelight vigil.
We also connect with Niantic and East Lyme elementary and pre-school students whenever possible.
- White ½” 3 ring binder with see through cover (each child designs the cover to slide in)
- Pencil with eraser and highlighter
- Black skirt/pants and a white shirt. Boys please wear ties. Do not wear T-shirts, tank tops flip flops, mini skirts or boots.
Grading Point System:
- All choir members are expected to come prepared to class and participate in all rehearsal activities and concerts. Grades are determined through a combination of participation, performance and music reading skills. Each member is expected to take choir music home and practice it on a daily basis.
- Every member will be developing their singing skills and part independence so that the choir functions both as individuals and as a group.
- Choir room voice mail is 739-4491 ext. 3422
- Email address is Nancy.Rigdon@elpsk12.org
Feel free to drop me a line or call any time if you have questions, concerns or compliments ^.^
I will be sending emails out periodically to inform parents of your child's progress. I will also email monthly newsletters regarding upcoming choir events and rehearsals. All emails are sent through Infinite Campus.
Thank you in advance for all your support. I am looking forward to a wonderful year of singing with your child!