Join the Governor's Summer Reading Challenge!
Have fun reading this summer!
The goal of summer reading is to help students maintain their reading proficiency during the extended summer break from school. While incredibly important academically, summer reading should also be fun! All East Lyme students are encouraged to read anything of interest over the summer. Please help your child choose “just right” books and help them make reading a part of their daily routine.
Have a great time reading with your child over summer break!
Summer Reading at East Lyme Public Library
The Library's Summer Reading Program is also online! Check it out here:
Summer Reading for Birth through Teens:
- Sign up at the Library and pick up your summer reading log on or after June 15.
- Show us your reading progress and earn a new prize each week!
- Any book, audiobook, or magazine counts!
Weekly Summer Programming:
- Creative Programs & Workshops for Grades 1-8 at the Library
- Storytime for All Ages at Hole-in-the-Wall Beach
- Baby Sign & Sing at the Library
Free Family Fun Shows at McCook's Point Park co-sponsored by East Lyme Parks and Recreation
Storybook Trail at Samuel M. Peretz Park at Bridebrook
East Lyme High School Summer Reading
- IT’S ALL ABOUT CHOICE! Choose at least 1 book to read over the summer instead of a required reading this fall. What do you want to read or listen to? Books, magazines, newspapers, podcasts, plays, library events and programs, summer assignments, reading aloud to a sibling, etc.
- Keep track of your reading!
- You have two places to track -- ELHS will track your reading by following the QR code below! (Each book gets you a ticket to a variety of prizes.)
- Then, you can use the form the town library created (download it or get a hard copy at the town or high school library). If you don’t access one we can help you transfer your reading when we get back to school in the fall.
- Check out a library book during finals. If you check something out of the high school library you can keep in until September 5. But you can get a book anywhere.
- You’ll still have the first few weeks of the school year to finish up, so it’s never too late to start!
- Compete against a Teacher! Fall contest to follow.
- Be a part of your community and FIND YOUR VOICE!