All children turning five years of age on or before January 1, 2019 are eligible to enter kindergarten in the fall of 2018.
The Kindergarten Enrollment Process
1. ENROLLMENT ONLINE:
The online enrollment application MUST be completed before making an appointment to to finalize enrollment. If you need computer access, computers are available by appointment at Central Office call 860-739-3966 ext. 5628.
Click here to begin enrollment process.
2. APPOINTMENT WITH DOCUMENTATION AT BOARD OF EDUCATION OFFICE
Once you have completed the online enrollment process and submitted it, call 860-739-3966 ext. 5628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to finalize enrollment. (Your appointment will be cancelled if the online enrollment is not completed within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.) A parent or legal guardian must appear to enroll any minor student. The following documents will be required to enroll your child(ren):
Documentation Required To Complete The Enrollment Process:
All originals will be returned to the parent/guardian. If you are missing any of the required documents listed, your child will not be enrolled and another appointment will be required to complete enrollment.
Proof of Age:
- Official original birth certificate is required. If not available, a passport will be accepted.
Proof of Residency:
- A current signed lease/rental or sales agreement/deed
2nd & 3rd Proof (choose 2 from below list):
- Parent’s valid Connecticut driver’s license/ State ID with East Lyme address (will accept with change of address sticker on back)
- Two (2) of the following statements with the parent’s name and East Lyme address: Current utility/water/sewer/cable/phone/ bank/renters or home owners insurance with East Lyme address - *these 2 statements can only be used for as one proof
- Current East Lyme Town tax bill
- Current car/vehicle registration/car insurance with East Lyme address
- Current proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program, SNAP) or other government correspondence showing an address.
Health Documentation Required For Child to Attend School: No student will be permitted to enter the East Lyme Pubic Schools until evidence of adequate immunization/physical is provided.
- Health Assessment Record
- Immunization Record
Click to download Kindergarten Questionnaire.
It is the policy of the East Lyme Board of education not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, religious creed, age, physical disability or sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or mental disorder in any of its educational activities or employment policies.