2 Day Cooperative
2 day Cooperative Class:
- Runs on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 3 – 4 year old children
- Children must be 3 years old by December 31st and potty trained
- Two Cooperative classes:
9:15 - 11:45 with Kelli Daugherity and Meghan Cambridge
9:30 - 12:00 with Sarah Jolly-Ballantine and Laura Schultz
- Maximum of 16 children with three adults – teacher, aide and parent helper
- Annual tuition is $1,200 payable in 10 monthly installments of $120
- Students in a 2 day cooperative class may also enroll in our Tuesday Lunch Bunch Program
- Children turning 3 after January 1st may enroll in the spring on their 3rd birthday if space is available.
- Come into class and have about 15 minutes of free choice or table time depending on the teacher and where we are in the school year. Certain activities are introduced for this time of the day such as the question of the day, finding your name, writing your name etc.
- Circle time - Here the children come together in a big group. Activities include welcome song, calendar, today's weather, show and tell, etc.
- Small group activities – Here the children will have different activities to choose from that rotate daily. During this time, they will also work individually with the teacher or aide, as well as having free choice.
- Outdoor time - this varies during the year to accommodate the weather and the days activities. We will go outside whenever the weather allows. During extreme cold weather or rain, indoor activities may include obstacle courses, scavenger hunts, music and movement and yoga.
- Center time – pretend play in the Imagination center; blocks; library; art; discovery. This center time will include different themes each month. Some examples are transportation; bake shop; pizzeria; animals.
- Finish with circle time – story, dance, game as a whole group
Each teacher will have a slightly different routine depending on the children in the class, themes being followed that month, special events and different teaching styles. However this is the general format within which that individuality flourishes.
- Recognizes red, orange, yellow, blue, green, black, brown, purple, white
- Understands same/different
- Categorizes items by size, color, shape
- Counts up to 3 objects (1:1 correspondence)
- Understand abstract simple time concepts (day/night)
- Identifies shapes: triangle, circle, square, rectangle, star, diamond
- Sequences 2-3 step pictures and/or stories
- Can work 3-4 piece puzzles
- Repeats and AB pattern
- Recognizes first name in print
- Rote counts to 10
- Articulate 3-5 word sentences clearly
- Asks questions / verbalizes needs
- Sing or recite a short song and/or poem
- Says first/last name, age and sex
- Follows 2 to 3 steps sequence of directions
- Recalls elements from a story: characters, events, details.
We will encourage:
- Simple logic/reasoning questions
- Correct use of language (pronouns, plurals, etc.)
Large Motor Skills:
- Use playground equipment appropriately
- Balance on one foot for 3 - 5 seconds
- Maneuvers around obstacles
- Throws a ball underhand
- Walk up and down stairs alternating feet
- Kicks a ball
Fine Motor Skills:
- Makes a snake out of play dough
- Shows hand preference
- Build a 9-12 block tower
- Strings beads
- Holds writing material correctly / stabilizes paper
- Draws: vertical line, circle, cross
- Cuts with scissors correctly
- Uses toys appropriately
- Follows classroom rules
- Knows the difference between mine/his/hers/yours
- Takes turns / shares
- Cleans up after activities and snack
- Shows empathy
- Uses appropriate toileting skills
- Uses words to solve problems
- Attends to circle time for 15 minutes