Ms. Boucher's Social Studies Class Page
Click for Argument Outline in MS Word or PowerPoint
Boston Massacre information with primary sources http://www.masshist.org/revolution/massacre.php
Loyalist perspective during American Revolution: http://www.ushistory.org/us/13c.asp
Crash Course on Prelude to American Revolution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eytc9ZaNWyc&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtMwmepBjTSG593eG7ObzO7s
General Research Sites
Easy Bib for help with bibliography citation. Choose MLA citation.
Local Newspaper: http://www.theday.com/
World Book Encyclopedia: www.worldbookonline.com/?subacct=B7164 You need username and password to access this; see Tech Resources page for online subscriptions . This is considered a reference source.
SIRS & iConn are databases and the passwords are noted on the Tech Resources pages under online subscriptions.
If you want to print out maps, check out: http://www.eduplace.com/ss/maps/
For world geography games, try http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/World_Continents.htm
Longitude & Latitude online game: http://www.kidsgeo.com/geography-games/latitude-longitude-map-game.php
Latin America Map Games & Other Info: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/South_America_Geography.htm
Gender Statistics in the Media (video)
Imperial History of the Middle East
Peace Poster Contest
Scholastic Election (online edition)
US Holocaust Memorial Museum Animated Maps
CIA World Fact Book: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
CultureGrams: shows country information, as well as state and province information http://online.culturegrams.com/
If you are accessing this from home, click on http://www.proquestk12.com/ then enter username and password, then click on "My products". Then you will choose CultureGram.
Fodor's: shows tourist attractions and other information about the country you are studying. http://www.fodors.com/
Instructions for checking out an ebook
- Go to destiny.eastlymeschools.org
- Click on “East Lyme Middle School” link on right side of page
- In top right hand corner, click on “Login” button
- Type in your user name and password (should be the same for the login on school computers)
- Click on “FollettShelf” tab on top right side of page
- In search bar, type in search words for the ebook you are interested in.
- Click on the picture of book you are interested in.
- If you decide you want to check out the book and read it, look for icon “i”, click on this for more information and a new pop up window appears. Then click on “check out” button.
NOTE: if you changed your password this year or are a new student, you may not be able to access Destiny. If this is the case, please talk to your teacher.