Ms. Boucher's Social Studies Class Page
For Farcebook poster template, click here.
When studying the 50 states, you need to be able to spell them correctly. See below for helpful links.
If you are looking for a blank map of the United States, click here:
Here are state study game links:
http://www.ilike2learn.com/ This has a state map quiz and one for capitals as well.
There are also free state map apps for your phone, iPad, or iPod. Make sure to get approval from your parents if needed.
General Research Sites
Easy Bib for help with bibliography citation. Choose MLA citation.
Local Newspaper: http://www.theday.com/
World Book Encyclopedia: www.worldbookonline.com/?subacct=B7164 Need username and password to access.
If you want to print out maps, check out: http://www.eduplace.com/ss/maps/
For world geography games, try http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/World_Continents.htm
Longitude & Latitude online game: http://www.kidsgeo.com/geography-games/latitude-longitude-map-game.php
Latin America Map Games & Other Info: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/South_America_Geography.htm
Gender Statistics in the Media (video)
Imperial History of the Middle East
Peace Poster Contest
Scholastic Election (online edition)
US Holocaust Memorial Museum Animated Maps
CIA World Fact Book: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
CultureGrams: shows country information, as well as state and province information http://online.culturegrams.com/
If you are accessing this from home, click on http://www.proquestk12.com/ then enter username and password, then click on "My products". Then you will choose CultureGram.
Fodor's: shows tourist attractions and other information about the country you are studying. http://www.fodors.com/
Instructions for checking out an ebook
- Go to destiny.eastlymeschools.org
- Click on “East Lyme Middle School” link on right side of page
- In top right hand corner, click on “Login” button
- Type in your user name and password (should be the same for the login on school computers)
- Click on “FollettShelf” tab on top right side of page
- In search bar, type in search words for the ebook you are interested in.
- Click on the picture of book you are interested in.
- If you decide you want to check out the book and read it, look for icon “i”, click on this for more information and a new pop up window appears. Then click on “check out” button.
NOTE: if you changed your password this year or are a new student, you may not be able to access Destiny. If this is the case, please talk to your teacher.